Stratos Tzortzoglou (Georgeoglou).
Known for his breakthrough starring role as Orestes on the film directed by (Palm d ‘ Or Award in ) who talked of Stratos as “someone who can absorb everything, turning this to an advantage”. Also St. Holden wrote in his ”Orestes,whom Stratos Tzortzoglou imbues with a winning sweetness, works for an itinerant theater company that has been traveling around Greece. “Landscape in the Mist” has already won many honors, and was the Greek entry for best foreign film in the Academy Awards. A 126-minute work of exceptional beauty”.
Next was “” directed by Eva Bergman. Stratos starred opposite (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo – Faithless) in which nine-time nominee ( ) compared Stratos to “a Stradivarius violin,” adding that “the great actors are great instruments”.
After that, he had a starring role in the film opposite to (Electra,Z,Captain Corelli’s Mandolin) under the direction of the five- times Academy Award nominee (Zorba the Greek-Trojan Women-Iphigenia) who described Stratos as “that rare phenomenon, a natural who combines striking good looks with that special brand of talent which blends a fiery temperament with easy personal charm”. Stratos reached a summit of his profession with his performance as (Stavros) in the above film which garnered him an Award as Best Actor at the Greek National Awards.
In addition to his work in film, Stratos has had an extensive career on stage working with directors such as (-nominated, Best Director Award at the for ) in Arthur Miller’s “ as Biff Loman.
His theatrical experience includes classical ancient tragedies such as:’ () in the 12th European festival with ’ () at , () in Phedriades theatre in Delfi’s festival, () at , ’s (-), co-starred with (- – ) in , London, Aeschylus’ Prometheus Bound (Prometheus). Stratos also played ()in the film directed by and worked with in Ulysses’s Gaze – as() and in a TV movie”365 days of birth” with the for Best Actress for ,.
The chairman of 20th Century Fox said about him that “ Stratos is destined for great things, he has a unique way of capturing the audiences with his charm,his authenticity and has truly mastered his art form.He is bound to succeed in the American entertainment industry”, while the Oscar winning actress for Moonstruck said that “Stratos has a lot to offer to the American film industry in his unique sense of acting, combing talent, intuition, passion and determination”.
PROFESSIONAL ARTISTS TALENT AGENCY, Marilyn Scott Murphy, Agent
321 West, 44 street, New York, N.Y. , New York 10036 United States
Phone: (1)212.247-8770 Email:
CLASSICAL THEATER (selectively)
- (Promētheus Desmōtēs) – (2016) by , (role: Prometheus) directed by Giannis Falkonis at the .
- Euripides’ The Bacchae (role: God Dionysus) in the 12th European festival with National Theatre of Northern Greece
- Euripides’ Phoenician Women (role: Polynices) at Epidaurus Ancient Theater with Anna Sinodinou
- Orpheus’ Hymns (role: Orpheus) in Phedriades theatre in Delfi’s festival
- Liturgy of Orpheus (role: Orpheus) at Odeon of Herodes Atticus
- Roast Beef (a modern adaptation of Oresteia trilogy) written by Leah Vitali (role:Agamemnon), co-starring with Sarah Douglas in Riverside Studios, London
- (2016) writer: Bernard – Marie Koltes, role: Brother, directed by Angela Brouskou at the
- (Promētheus Desmōtēs) – (2016) by , role: Prometheus, directed by Giannis Falkonis at the .
- – the Mysterious Mister LOVE (2015-2016) writer: , role: George – Mr Love, directed by Stratos Tzortzoglou at .
- ALL IS ONE (2015) adaptation: Stratos Tzortzoglou based on texts by: , , , and – role: Oscar, Director / Musical direction: Stratos Tzortzoglou
- – Report to Greco / THE SHOUT (2015) a musical (oratorio) performance based on ‘ – Report to Greco, directed by Stratos Tzortzoglou at .
- MISS MISERY (2014) writer: Tzimaras Tzanatos – role: X, directed by Aspa Tompouli at
- (2014) writer: – role: Pope, directed by at The French Institute of Greece –
- DRAIN EKKENOSIS by D. Dimitriades, directed by Yannis Isabel Marant Shoes Kokkos (collaborator for 30 years with Antoine Vitez and Jacques Lassalle) in Stegi Grammaton kai Texnon
- TREE by M. Laina, directed by Ch. Capsouli in National Theatre of Greece
- You are purpose and sheepdogs are dancing around you by G. Ioannou, with Bijoux DeKant at Michael Cacoyannis Foundation (Director: Michael Cacoyannis)
- (1993) writer: – role: Biff, directed by (Academy Award – nominated, Best Director Award at the Cannes Film Festival for Rififi)
- THE SOUND OF A GUN (1987) writer: L. Anagnostaki – role: Mihalis, directed by at
- Subterranean Love by Robert Haufrecht
- Rainbow Experiment by Christina Kallas
- Landscape in the mist by Theo Angelopoulos (Silver Lion Award in Venice Film Festival, Felix award for Best European Film of the Year)
- Ulysses’s Gaze by Theo Angelopoulos with Harvey Keitel (Grand Jury Prize and International Critics’Prize in 1995 Cannes Film Festival, as well as Felix of the Critics – Film of the Year)
- Pano, kato kai plagios by Michael Cacoyannis, co-starring with Irene Papas
- One Love and the Other by Eva Bergman, co-starring with Lena Endre
- The striker with number 9 by Pantelis Voulgaris
- Montevideo, bog te video by Dragan Bjelogrlic
- Three way week by Bruno Coppola
- The Bacchae by Bruno Coppola
- Oi frouroi tis Ahaias (1992)
- Ekptotos angelos (1997)
- To simadi tou erota (1998)
- Idiaitera gia klamata (2000)
- Le dernier seigneur des Balkans (2005)
- Vals with 12 Gods (2012)
EXCERPTS FROM REFERENCE LETTERS
- INGMAR BERGMAN compares Stratos to a stradivarius violin, adding that “the great actors are great instruments”.
- For three times Oscar winning director ELIA KAZAN Stratos has the qualities of Warren Beatty.
- JIM GIANOPULOS, chairman of 20th Century Fox, writes that “Stratos is destined for great things, he has a unique way of capturing the audiences with his charm and authenticity, and he has truly mastered his art form”.
- Palme d’Or winner THEO ANGELOPOULOS described Stratos as someone who “can absorb everything, turning this to an advantage. He is the ideal actor for this difficult game between beauty and recognition”.
- Five times Academy Award nominee MICHAEL CACOYANNIS describes Stratos as “that rare phenomenon, a natural who combines striking good looks with that special brand of talent which blends a fiery temperament with easy personal charm”.
- Academy award nominated director JULES DASSIN states that “Stratos’ Biff Loman from Death of a salesman was the most passionate Biff I’ve ever seen”.
- Oscar winning actress OLYMPIA DUKAKIS says Stratos “has a lot to offer to the American film industry in his unique sense of acting, combing talent, intuition, passion and determination”.
- NEW YORK TIMES, St. Holden: “Orestes, whom Stratos Tzortzoglou imbues with a winning sweetness works for an itinerant theater company that has been traveling around Greece. Landscape in the Mist has already won many honors, and was the Greek entry for best foreign film in the Academy Awards last year. A 126-minute work of exceptional beauty.”
- LONDON TIMES: “With impeccable timing Greece’s version of Brad Pitt, the actor Stratos Tzortzoglou makes his London debut as Agamemnon in Roast Beef at the Riverside Studios.”
- VARIETY, Emanuel Levy: “In Up Down and Sideways, the handsome Tzortzoglou lends reliable support as the sensitive son… credibly vivid and sympathetic.”
- STAGE BRITISH THEATRE GUIDE, John Thaxter: “The 80-minute show has its compensations, demanding courage, strength and extraordinary agility for the fight scenes, from handsome Greek film actor Stratos Tzortzoglou as Agamemnon”.
- Best Actor at the Greek National Awards, 1994, for Pano, kato kai plagios, directed by Michael Cacoyannis (Zorba the Greek, Electra)
- Best Supporting Actor, Stars De Demain, 1989, for Landscape in the mist, directed by Theo Angelopoulos (Travelling Players, Ulysses’ Gaze, Weeping Meadow, Eternity and a Day)
- , Athens
- , Masterclass, CA, 2011
- , Masterclass, CA, 2012
- Life time Proffesional Observer at, NY, 2016